1) Explain what is VBA or Visual Basic for Applications?
Ans: VBA stands for Visual Basic for Applications. It is an event driven programming language developed by Microsoft. It is mainly used to automate tasks in Microsoft office applications like MS-word, MS-Access, and MS-Excel.
2) What is macro?
Macro is another name of a VBA program. It’s is a set of programming instructions written in VBA code which can be used to eliminate the need to repeat the steps of commonly performed tasks over and over again.
3) What is Data-types in VBA?
Data types helps to declare Variables with specific data, this helps to VBA to know the type of the data and assign the memory based on the DataType of the Variable.
4) Name some of the data types?
5) Where or How you can write VBA program or Macro?
VBA programs are written in the code window of IDE (Integrated Development Environment) which is a part of all Office Applications. You can access the IDE by entering the shortcut ALT + F11 or by clicking on Visual Basic on Developer tab.
6) What are the file extension of excel workbooks with macros in Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 ?
Ans : Excel 2003 = xls, Excel 2007 = xlsm, From Excel 2010 = xlsm
7) Why we are using macros ?
Ans : If you perform a task repeatedly in Microsoft Excel, you can automate the task with a macro. Moreover, macro can perform lots of tasks which we can't do manually (like looping statement)
8) What is the shortcut to go to VBA screen ?
Ans: ALT + F11
9) Can we record a looping statement ?
Ans : NO
10) Give some examples of looping statements ?
Ans: For loop, Do While Loop, Do Until Loop